5.9.14

The Many Uses of a Fouta Towel!

When we were in Jackson Hole this summer, I picked up a fouta towel on our way to Jenny Lake as a last minute picnic blanket. Aspens Market is a really great deli/butcher/grocer in Wilson that also stocks brands like Rifle Paper CoCake Vintage, and Baggu. It's a good thing I don't shop there regularly :) I wasn't very prepared for our hike, so I ended up using my fouta towel as a nursing cover on the boat across the lake, knotted it as a sling for Lela, and then as a scarf! Multitasking at its finest! 
We went to the Matisse exhibit in San Antonio and I nursed my way through it too. I've never been able to maneuver nursing covers gracefully, but the fouta towel is big enough for you and baby to stay covered without causing a scene. The dimensions are 34"x68" so it makes a nice throw for the sofa too! Here's a few websites that carry them:  Scents & Feel, Turkish T Fouta Lifestyle, and I've found them on sale via Gilt and One Kings Lane. I also use this one backed in terry cloth from Serena & Lily. The best part is that they dry so much faster than regular bath towels!! 

No comments: