3.6.14

Tie Dresses In The Shop!

I'm so excited to be featured on Stroller Traffic this week! It's an online mecca for moms of babies, featuring the latest and greatest products, style, and practical information. I just happened to meet one of their Dallas editors when I was setting up for my trunk show at Bee Street, so it was surreal to see my sweet Lela Maye pop up in my inbox this morning!
I shipped this 2T tie dress out a few weeks ago and loved it with jellies and a straw hat for summertime. Mine will be wearing theirs with leggings and boots when we go to Jackson Hole in a few weeks, which is why I love these dresses so much. They last year round and for years to come!!!
Right now I tie Lela's bows at the top of her shoulders, but as she gets taller I can readjust the bows and style it as a tunic in the fall. By next summer it will be a top or coverup, and then hand it down to cousins! 
There's no tags so they can dress themselves and wear it front to back. It's also easy to get on and off with the elastic in the front and back.
Anna, 12 months, wearing size 9-12 months in the Blue Flowers.
Tie dresses and skirts are for sale online (!) and are available in Liberty of London and vintage cottons. Tie dresses start at $38 and skirts start at $28. 
Mary, age 6, is wearing the 2T tie dress as a top (above) and (below) in a 5T tie dress in the pink zoo fabric.
Vintage Giraffes Skirt and Tie Dress

I'm so happy to finally be offering these dresses to babies and kids besides my own! I've been sewing and tweaking them for 5 years now and they're foolproof. Here's the first dress I sewed for Pearl out of a vintage smock I found at a thrift store in Austin:
Long time blog readers might remember this one that I made and used my Mom's Camp Fire Girl beads to embellish the front:
This one I sewed out of a white maternity top and dyed it teal with matching covered buttons:
I'm still working on the flutter sleeve dresses. I sewed this one from a J.Crew top I had, and we adjusted the buttons so she could wear it for a few years...
I absolutely love sewing with the Liberty cottons because they're so soft and the colors stay vibrant. (Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, hang to dry.) Pearl wears hers as pajamas some nights, but they look just as great wrinkled in the mornings as they do ironed for church. I made this one out of the purple flowers and added vintage trim:
Time flies!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Congratulations!