13.2.14

Happy Valentine's Day!

Every year I forget what a big deal Valentine's Day is for little girls! Pearl has been making her class valentines for weeks!! I was last minute with our crafts and gifts, so it was slim pickings at the grocery store this afternoon.
I made a tiny flower arrangement with what I could find and as I was unpacking groceries, I remembered seeing these from Taylor Tomasi Hill's Instagram feed @TTHBLOOMS:

So, I used the bag my red wine came in and topped the bouquet off with a chic little bow! I'm betting TTH doesn't use carnations, but I think they're great looking in little clusters. 
(Reminds me of these I did.)
Embossed initial cards coming soon to the shop!

I didn't have a chance to make a Valentine's dress this year, so we added a heart to one of her dresses. It was super easy with embroidery thread and would be cute on onesies, tees, etc...
Since she has to wear red, navy, or white, I made her a linen skirt with heart pockets for school this year. Also coming to the shop this spring!!

Hope everyone has a very happy Valentine's Day!!!

If you want to get caught up on NY Fashion Week, there's lots to see on Instagram. Some of my favorites have been @voguemagazine, @miraduma, @dvf, @annstreetstudio, @cynthia_rowley, @gucciwestman, @xobetseyjohnson, @lela_rose and TTH is covering it for Goop...

No comments: