6.12.13

Maternity Style: The 3rd Trimester

One of the reasons I've been MIA from blogging, is that I'm 37 weeks pregnant! The last trimester is the hardest to dress for in my opinion, especially since the last thing you want to shop for is more maternity clothes.
This being my 3rd pregnancy, I've acquired somewhat of a uniform with accessories and outerwear that have made my not-so-new basics a little more exciting.
I've been layering my long necklaces just above the bump and throwing on cardigans, coats, and scarves to get out the door with 2 little ones a little quicker.
Some of my favorite inexpensive (black) basics are from ASOS (The T-Shirt Dress), Old Navy (low-rise leggings and jeggings), Target (long tanks), and Gap (V-neck Tee and robe). 
I've tried to find as many non-maternity things that will work post-pregnancy too, like this tunic dress from Zara (similar here) that I found on sale. I've worn it as a coverup with sandals, booties and tights, ETC...
(1st trimester)
(3rd trimester)
I love these non-maternity swing dresses from ASOS too. This striped one is on sale (and an additional 30% off*) and they have lots of other versions that are roomy enough for baby bumps. 
(Love these suede booties I got for my birthday.)
I put together a maternity version of these looks with this top, dark skinny jeans and Yosi Samra ballet flats -that are honestly like wearing house shoes. You could also pair this maternity sweater with white maternity jeans (or make your own-my tutorial HERE!) and booties. It would be such an easy outfit to dress up with a blazer (love this one from H&M) and heels à la Olivia.
(I had to do a double take at the doctor's office today when I saw my profile!!!)
 
(Did you see Kate in her $35 Zara necklace???)
For holiday parties coming up, you can't go wrong with all black. J.Crew sells their toothpick jean, Minnie pant, and Pixie pant in Maternity now, paired with a black top (like this long-sleeved version from Topshop), a statement necklace, and black pumps (coveting these from Madewell). If you need something dressier, I love this Sequined Dress ($35) or Maxi Dress ($19.95) cinched above the bump...
With some festive jewels to dress it up...
...Or a cozy scarf that you can wear post-pregnancy- especially great for nursing. Here's a few versatile tops that would work after the baby comes too:
Gap Cableknit Maternity Sweater
ASOS Boyfriend Tee
Ann Taylor Loft Pleated Maternity Blouse

Do you have any inexpensive maternity favorites??

Maternity on a Budget: ASOS, Topshop, Ann Taylor Loft, GiltH&M, Old NavyGap.

My Maternity board on Pinterest.

*ASOS 30% off with code: MOREMOREMORE*

No comments: